Family Resources Purpose and Responsibilities
In collaboration with community stakeholders, Humboldt City Schools Family Resource Center (FRC) will work to identify environmental risks which hinder the social, personal, physical, and academic wellbeing of students. Through these partnerships, support will be provided to assist families in establishing an environment that promotes and sistains positive outcomes for students.
Daily responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Addressing Student Needs
- Attending/Leading Parent Meetings and Trainings
- Collaboration in Community Activities
- Home Visits
- Juvenile Court attendance
- Completion of Principal Assigned Duties
Humboldt City Schools FRC has established four Goals and listed numerous programs and activities as strategies to address the needs of students and families in the school district.
- Help families to enhance parenting skills that can promote the full educational development of children.
- Help to promote healthy growth and development of children by identifying and addressing home and school barriers that might impede success in school.
- Ensure families have access to appropriate community resources to meet their needs.
- Encourage social support and networking among families and school to promote family involvement in school activities.
Resources and Referrals
Our FRC provides direct services, as well as, resource and referral services to local agencies. Direct services are provided by Humboldt City Schools, while local agencies provide referral services. Click here to see a detailed list of direct services provided, as well as referral services. The FRC accepts referrals from Humboldt City School faculty and staff and local agencies. Families seeking assistance in locating community resources can contact the FRC or view our Partners in Education and Community Resource Guide.
Hours of Operation
Normal hours of operation are 7:30 am – 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.